Saturday, May 1, 2010

Growing Old Together



for the past 20 years
I have watched them grow
they are much older than me
and most everyone I know

they started as two seperate saplings
stretching towards the sun
pushing up into the sky
at some point the grew into eachother

if you look very hard you will see
two distinct trees
but neither would have survived all this time
without the other

entangled, supported, melded now one
they are starting to fade
but they still push forth into the sky
with every ounce of energy they have

Love let us be like the trees
grow and support
and meld into one
entangle our eneries as one forever

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful idea, beautiful photo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sigh...

    The title alone is enough to get me over here ~
    what I find when I get here is nothing short of ~

    sigh...

    Beautiful work Ms. June... As always...

    ReplyDelete
  3. together
    as one
    stronger
    wiser
    blessed
    forever

    ReplyDelete